Residents making the transition to one of our Skilled Nursing Facilities might have many questions and concerns. While each facility is unique, below is a short guide to help make your transition into any facility, an easy one.
What documents should I provide to determine benefits verification?
- All insurance coverage cards
- Medicare/Medicaid cards
- Driver’s license or photo ID card
- Social Security card
- Other documents may be requested after the initial intake process
Items that will make your stay easier and more restful:
- Comfortable clothing, with your name clearly written on the label. Bring enough clothing for at least 7-10 days
- A pair of non-skid, supportive shoes and socks
- Denture caps, electric razors (stored in a plastic re-sealable bag labeled with name), comb, brush, personal lotions, deodorant, and other essential toiletries (stored in a re-sealable bag labeled with name)
- Hearing aid, eyeglasses, and eyeglass case
- Reading material
- Family photos (individual bulletin board provided; no stapling or taping on walls or doors please)
- Personal cell phone
What should I leave at home?
- Large amounts of money
- Electrical items, including extension cords, space heaters, and electric blankets
- Sharp objects such as disposable razors, razor blades, scissors, push pins, etc.
- Aerosol products (flammable) or other home use chemicals
- Over-the-counter medications or nutritional supplements
- Throw rugs
- Tobacco products
- Illegal narcotics or substances